Tuesday, June 1, 2010

peachy keen, mostly

Thirteen years ago today, when I was ten, my family moved to Blythe, CA.

It was quite an adjustment for our family; not to the climate thankfully, that may have been too much to handle that first summer. The thirteen years have proved to be full of blessings and the Lord's faithfulness. My brothers and I definitely have experienced some different things growing up in this town and missed out on some others, but growing up in Blythe has played no small role in shaping us into who we are today, for better or worse.

God planted our family here and the roots continue to grow deeper. It is a sweet thing to sit and think about all that God has done, the people that we were when we moved here and the people that we are today. It is all to His glory, and thankfully we are not the same. I see God doing new things in the hearts of my dad and my older brother that excite me all the way down to my toes!

Oh Lord, may there be many reasons that we have yet to taste as to why You planted us here! May we grow wherever You plant us, remaining in You and bearing fruit that lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment