Saturday, September 17, 2011

very much unfinished

A long while ago I was watching Pride and Prejudice and this poem popped into my head.


I have read the stories told by ladies of old,
And how they were chased about by their beaus.
Each story had its own turnabout,
In time true love expelled all doubt.

I fancy myself the heroine,
I wonder if you'll take part.
I have been waiting here so long,
It is time that you won my heart.

I'm so glad, now, that I didn't know at the start,
All you would be to me.
I don't know if I'd have believed it,
Could Elizabeth of Mr. Darcy?

So I wait for time to tell what it will,
And I think that in no time at all.
We will see what parts to take,
Our heads and our hearts will know.

Yes, I fancy myself the heroine,
and wonder if you'll take a part.
I have been waiting here for so long,
Waiting for you to win my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment