Saturday, August 20, 2011

Psalm 34:1&2


"I will
extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips."

Lord, I choose to extol You at all times, in each circumstance. I will give You highest praise for You are God, and I am not. In all You have revealed Yourself to be I humble my heart to give You praise, kneeling in the security of Your holy sovereignty. 


"His praise will always be on my lips."

 O Lord, make it so. May the first inclination of my mouth be to speak Your praise. May it spill forth from my heart and mind, my soul. You, O Lord, are worthy of all praise. You give us every breath and sustain all things. I thank You for calling me Your child, for loving me with an everlasting love, and putting eternity in my heart.


"My soul will boast in the Lord;"

Everything alive within me will shine forth Your light, O Lord. I will speak of Your wonders, I will glory in them. May I always bring You laud from a thankful heart, for You have canceled my debts and established me in Your kingdom.


"let the afflicted hear and rejoice."

May the afflicted hear my praise, and turn their hearts to Your joy. May their oppression diminish in the brightness of Your greatness and eternal plans. Even in affliction, may my praise, spur on a deeper adoration for You as I know You more.



No comments:

Post a Comment