Friday, June 1, 2012

not by sight

"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."

I think of my Savior's words on the cross, and I know I'm so desperate for His forgiveness. I'm so thankful I have it.

Today, I was utterly irritated at the fact that I have received compliments about my faith, strength, courage. Lord, can't You call me to something less?

Oh how quickly that rose from my heart. Why would I want less? Just because my human eyes can't see what is ahead or how everything will work out.

O Lord, I want to be a woman who values faith, for you value it; You are pleased with us as we live in faith and You are the Author of it. I want to value the influence You have given me. Thank You for being a good Father and giving perfect gifts even if they come in unexpected packages. Thank You for DNA nights, conversations with Michael, prayer, summer nights in the desert, happy songs at the grocery store, a clean apartment (down to the sheets!), friends all over the world, flowers, and Your promises! Thank You for responsibilities. I believe, help my unbelief.


Fifteen years ago today, my family moved to Blythe--a perfect gift, in a very odd package. Thanks for the reminder, Lord!

"The One who calls You is faithful, and He will do it." -1 Thessalonians 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment