Saturday, March 31, 2012

marching on

Wasn't March a gloriously full month? It was for me.

God has graciously allowed me to see many of the ways He has been at work in my life and my heart is eagerly expectant as I look ahead. What will God do with tomorrow? this week? this month? this year?! What will He do in my life and the lives of those around me? (In the lives that I don't even know about!) Whatever happens, I pray that I will rejoice through easy and difficult circumstances alike because my God is good and reigns as King. He is my faithful Shepherd. 

It looks like I will be doing staff in training with The Navigators at ASU in the fall. Honestly, I am stoked.

March consisted of:

-Being asked to consider going back on staff with The Navs.
-Spring Break - 
  • Time in Long Beach: I was blown away by the power of the Holy Spirit and blessed to enjoy time with some sweet LB Navs. Also, got to meet Mikey and Jo's babies! I cried (ugly cried) leaving LB. The tears never hit last year, but as I left this time I knew the next time I visited it would be completely different...lots of people will be moving on to different things next year!
  • Finding out my dad didn't have colon cancer :) Hence, this post from January 30 .
  • Time in Blythe: Canoeing with Lauran and enjoying my dear friend before her departure to Chile. Time with the parents was fun/sweet, per usual. 
-Worst Stomach Flu...since I was 8 years old or something. Luke had it too. But I had friends bring me Gatorade, so sweet of them to enter the germ war zone our apartment must have been.
-Deciding to go back on staff with The Navs. (I cannot tell you how sweet the Lord was to me in affirming this decision.)
-Family time in Blythe - What a joy it was to see Michael, Sara, and Owen (13 mos.) for the weekend. What a joy it was to celebrate Luke's 22nd birthday and bake him cake! What hope fills my heart with what God is working in Blythe!
-Today, I went boating and swimming in a lake...in March. God bless, AZ!

And this doesn't include the every day things that God is doing. This month I got some good time with the ladies in the discipleship group and had some really encouraging conversations with my little brother and my sweet cousins. 

"We're marching to Zion, beautiful, beautiful Zion,
We're marching upward to Zion, the beautiful city of God!"

Lord, thank You for this full month and this full heart. How beautiful are Your ways, they are beyond tracing out. You surely do more than I ask and could ever imagine. Lord, may I ever live in light of Your faithfulness and goodness. Lord, may I walk in the fullness of Your Spirit and proclaim You to those around me. Lord, we truly are marching to Zion. Lord, we are blessed to find our strength in You and to have our hearts set on pilgrimage. May I go from strength to strength, til I appear before You. My heart and my flesh cry out for You, o living God! My soul yearns and even faints for Your courts. For how lovely is Your dwelling place, o Lord Almighty?! 


No comments:

Post a Comment