Friday, October 5, 2012

happy

When I lived in Long Beach, I would often sit at the light on Atherton Street (near the Parkside dorms) waiting to do a U-turn to head toward Bellflower Boulevard. During my last year in Long Beach, I frequently found myself at that intersection in a blissful state thinking about how thankful I was to be me and to be exactly where God had me.

Today, I had the same thought waiting to turn left in Tempe. (I am an ambiturner, for the record.) And I didn't realize it until today, but it had been such a long while since I felt that way. There were about five different things in my head today that all signified the same thing, I'm really happy again. (I'm normally happy.) Now this year was actually a great year. I have loved being 25 and am gonna milk my last month of it. I had an overall smooth transition to life in Arizona and Jesus was faithful every step of the way, but I guess I had a since of not being settled. This evening I sat in on the end of our S.A.L.T. (Servant and Leader Team) meeting and I realized I had come up for breath. I sighed with relief, the season of "surviving" is over. I survived, now I can thrive as I trust in Him.

I am at home again, and probably not so much is situated in the place, as much as it is in the activities, my role and relationships. I love college students. I do! I love helping women find their identity in Christ. I love making disciples. I love planting, sowing, and watering seeds and helping other people to do it, too! I love freshmen and making them feel loved. And my identity is even further rooted in my sweet Jesus. I am blown away by His love and faithfulness.

Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness and love. I am so undeserving. Thank You for Your faithful guidance and Presence in my life through Your Spirit. I just am blessed to be Your daughter. May I ever declare You faithful! 


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment: