Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Here ye, here ye!

Today, October 1, was homemade cookie day. I didn't even know there was such a day until recently, but obviously this was a ridiculous day worthy of celebration.

I decided to make my chocolate chip cookies, but I made a few alterations (one of them was using part oat bran flour). And as the good Lord would have it, I made the best batch of cookies that I have ever made.

I broke off a piece of one of the cookies and as I was tasting it, I was thinking in disbelief, "Is this the best cookie I have ever made?" It was so good, so good that I had to eat the whole cookie. I generally don't eat whole cookies late at night. Well, it was good, and thankfully my brother Luke was nearby to sample one. One bite in, I asked him, "Is this the best cookie I've ever made?" He declared, "This is the best cookie I have ever eaten!" Now Luke is a cookie monster, but I have never seen him savor a cookie, or three cookies, so slowly.

I "snicker doodled" half of the batch by rolling the dough in cinnamon sugar. Luke and I couldn't decide if we liked the plain ones or "snicker doodled" ones better. They were both so good. They were so good that I drove some over to my aunt's house and left them bagged on their doorstep for school tomorrow.

Anyways, hooray for a successful homemade cookie day! Time to write down all of my recipe alterations and keep this one for the years to come. I hope the ladies in Bible study enjoy them tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment