Wednesday, April 28, 2010

i love the long beach ladies

A year ago I found out that I was staying in Long Beach for my first year of EDGE. I did not think that this would be the case, but only a day before I was told my placement God had given me the heart to stay in Long Beach. The weekend prior I had the wonderful opportunity to take some women to my hometown. As we shared life that weekend, my heart became set for them. I had a lot of reasons why I didn't want to be in Long Beach, but these women tipped the scales of my heart toward Long Beach.

A year later, I am so thankful that the Lord kept me in Long Beach. My heart has continued to grow for these ladies in ways that I would have never expected. I am so thankful for the women here and for the ways that the Lord is transforming them.

Lord, You are so gracious. You give life in the dry and weary land.

(I'm thankful for the men too.)

2 comments:

  1. haha, can't speak for the ladies but I can say that I, and by extension the rest of the men, are glad you stayed too :)

    (even though i can't speak for them, i know what they'd say though!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading this from you Bliss. I'm glad you are feeling blessed in Long Beach because you sure are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete