Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh what a blessed hope is ours!

Yesterday morning my parents visited my grandpa. My dad wanted to communicate how thankful he was for his father-in-law's support and how much he loved him. Thankfully, during their visit my grandfather was lucid enough to interact and my parents were able to have a meaningful interaction. As they talked, my dad reminded him of Jesus' love for him, while mom was misty eyed. And with heavy breathing grandpa said, "For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." Dad said, "Yes, John 3:16." And grandpa continued, "And the seventeenth verse: 'For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.'"

Early last night my grandpa went home to be with Jesus, His suffering is no more and I can only imagine the joy that he now beholds. I am so thankful for a grandpa who knew Jesus as His greatest treasure, and even in his last years was continuing to hide God's Word in his heart. I am thankful for his support, his faithful prayers and his life. 


"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him."  - 1 Thessalonians 4:13&14

No comments:

Post a Comment