Friday, December 31, 2010

Dear 2010, You make me vomit, you are the scum between my toes. Love, Alissa

Oh, it's love, it's hate. Who can say? That is pretty much how I feel/think about this year. I learned a lot, the heart wrenching way, and mostly vicariously. Holding out hope for others, and refining my hope at the same time.

In light of that, Sandra McCracken's "In Feast or Fallow" spoke/sang some good truths. In situation after situation, song after song, my heart was stirred to hope and cling to God.

God is good, in feast or in fallow. He is with us and His love comforts us.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him." -Psalm 34:8

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." -Isaiah 46:4


I am so looking forward to the new year! Happy New Year!
Each year that passes, we are one more closer to glory, to eternity with Jesus. That makes me so happy.


(I hope my title reminds you of The Little Rascals.)

2 comments: