Friday, December 24, 2010

Immanuel-God with us

I have so much to be thankful for! 


Today I spent a few hours playing church secretary (like old times) and redesigned the Christmas Eve bulletin. I was thinking about my favorite Christmas verses, and there are just so many! The plethora of these verses make me think of God's goodness, His sovereignty, and the infallibility of His plans and ways...and then the weights of this world lift and my worries cease to be. 


The verses I have been the most excited about this season are: 


Isaiah 7:14: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel." and Matthew 1:22,23: "All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”—which means, “God with us.”"  


What a sweet thing it is that God is with us...may it be super-glued in my heart.



1 comment:

  1. so i've been thinking about "God with Us" a lot in terms of His love and especially since you've been processing it a lot this season in addition to RH's theme...and tonight in church, our Christmas message was...Emmanuel :: God with Us!

    How sweet indeed! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete