Monday, February 6, 2012

I love the fifth graders...

In numerous ways the sweet fifth graders have won my heart in the last few months. In this last week the girls have been reminding me of how hard it can be to be a fifth grade girl. The sweet things that these girls say to me and the questions that they ask me at recess, lunch and after school, remind me that I am in a place of great influence. They so deeply desire approval. There are hundreds of hungry and teachable eyes upon me every day, observing the slightest things I do and say, and what I wear. I pray I would be a godly role model for these girls and that I would have choice words in due season. 

Lord, You looked upon the multitudes and had compassion for they were harassed, helpless, sheep without a shepherd. O Lord, You are the good Shepherd. How tenderly You care for and nurture Your flock. Lord, for these sweet ones I ask that Your Spirit would move in mighty ways and that You would bring them to an understanding of Who You are. Lord, from among them would You raise up men and women who would fear You and walk in light of Your holy love all their days? 

Lord, You are so faithful. Thank You for bringing me through fifth grade and thank You for allowing me to remember the tear-filled drama of it all. Help me to move with compassion and wisdom where You have placed me. Spirit, may I walk in You and bear Your fruit--love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control. 

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us-yes, establish the work of our hands for us." -Psalm 90:17

No comments:

Post a Comment