Thursday, February 16, 2012

You are Redeemer

A year ago tonight, I was awaken during the middle of the night to my phone ringing. It was 2:12 a.m. and my caller I.D. read, "Michael." My heart leaped with excitement. "Hello." "Sara's water broke and she is in labor." We didn't talk long, but that was all I wanted to hear. I immediately burst into laughter, tears and prayer. I remember thinking how funny a sight I must have been, a sobbing, giggling girl. My joy was so great. And when my emotions were reined in a bit, I wrote this in my journal before going back to sleep:

Sara is in labor.
Lord, You are Redeemer...
Psalm 84 and 34 will be dwelt in this day..."For the Lord God is a sun and a shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in You."
This child, his life, is a circumstance of Your redemption; it is easy to see. May this be a year of redemption, oh Lord, for with You there is full redemption.
Psalm 27:14--I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!!



I don't think there will be any such call tonight, but my how thankful I am for my brother, Sara and my sweet nephew!! It has been so awesome to see the way that God has been faithful to them. I look forward to seeing all He will do through and in them in the years to come! What an awesome God we serve! 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll show Lydia photos of Owen and see if there is any spark ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do, I think Lydia and Owen sounds nice :)

    ReplyDelete