Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Fix my eyes

I am so thankful and excited about so many things in my life. We're on the cusp, I tell you! But I also feel dreadful and have questions without answers.

How does it happen? How do we plan and trust? How do we hope and hold our desires with an open hand? Surely, I don't know perfectly, but I will try to hope wholeheartedly. I will look to my sweet Savior; for the joy of my heart is the Maker of heaven and earth.



O Lord, my heart so desires to be freed from the cares of this earth, from the things that make life hard, the things that make me tired. Lord, help me! 

Lord, I am surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses who have gone before me! I want to throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles and run! Run with perseverance this race marked out before me. I look to you Jesus, my eyes are fixed upon You, for to You I am running. You are the Author and Perfecter of my faith, in joy You endured the cross, scorning its shame and have sat down at the right hand of our Father. I consider You, for You willfully endured opposition and hate from Your rebellious creation. Lord, may I consider You -Your humility, Your love, Your sacrifice and submission to the Father's will-and not grow weary and lose heart. Rather, would I consider You and have my vision and heart refreshed. 


Thank You for being my Father and for disciplining me in love. Thank You that we can come to You. O Lord, strengthen my feeble arms and weak knees. In You, we have level paths for our feet, O that we may be healed and run after You!


1 comment: