Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Today is my cousin Christopher's 17th birthday! It is crazy how time flies. I remember being in the third grade and getting to miss school to go with my mom to meet my new cousin. It was one of the highlights of my childhood. He was one of the first babies that I ever cared for and babysat. Today he is a good foot taller than me and I am ever blessed by the young man that is growing in godliness before me. Last night I got to take him out to dinner and celebrate--it was such a sweet, fun time.

Over the course of the year I have had so many rich conversations with him about God, homework, ministry, dating and other things. He has asked me great questions. He has encouraged me with his kind words and heart. He has also asked me to make him a list of Bible verses to memorize. :)

I have loved getting to spend so much time with my two cousins this year. They are like extra little brothers. I love extra little brothers! I also need extra little brothers to eat my baked goods. I look forward to celebrating the other one's birthday next month.

Lord, thank You for Christopher's life and for his desire to honor You in all aspects of his life. I thank You for his integrity and pray that You would continue to grow him in Your truth and righteousness. I thank You for his friendship and for the ways I see you at work in his life. Thank You for allowing me to have an influence on him this year and for the lively conversations we have had. Lord, give him a heart of understanding for those around him and teach him to love and serve others, even as You did. May he be an oak of righteousness for the display of Your splendor. May he act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with You, O God. Use him in mighty ways to advance Your gospel and kingdom into the nations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment