Wednesday, July 4, 2012

anticipating the harvest

There are moments we anticipate, and often we don't know exactly what it is that we are anticipating until those moments come. We live them and we feel their weight. They are moments of divine intervention. Instances when we see that the hard labor in the field--the sowing, the watering, the weeding-- is having an effect because God is graciously causing the seeds to grow. I had the joy of getting two of those moments today in two different "fields," if you will. I don't know how many days there are until the harvest, but how my heart anticipates that moment, too!

Lord, for these ones who You have given me to love this year, I say thank You! Thank You for giving me a heart of compassion for them. Thank You for their friendship, for the laughs we have shared, for the beautiful truths we have talked about, and for the life we have shared. Thank You for allowing me to be Your ambassador. O Lord, even now I pray that You Spirit would appeal to them to be reconciled to You! Lord, may tomorrow be a day of real freedom. Lord, may Your gospel be revealed in greater depth and fullness. Would You give them eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts and minds to understand Your love for them in Christ!? You are beautiful, Lord. Your thoughts and ways are higher. May I ever anticipate Your grace at work in my life and in the lives of those around me. 

Yes, the harvest is plentiful and the workers are few. I look to You, I ask. O Lord, would you raise up workers for Your harvest fields?

No comments:

Post a Comment