Saturday, December 3, 2011

longing for the better country

Sometimes I have a day that is not so good. It is hard for me to admit, but for a bunch of little reasons today was not a day I would want to repeat anytime soon. Yet, in the midst of it I see blessing upon blessing, grace upon grace from my Father's hand. I don't know if you have ever moved, switched careers (from one that is your heart to one that is fine), and have to start over with nearly everything, but I am currently in the midst of that and at times it is challenging. Changes call for trust and growing pains are just that, growing pains. I have almost been in Arizona for five months and God has done, and is doing, so much. How I must ask for the Spirit to birth in my heart patience as I wait and walk in faith.

The thing that I am constantly thanking God for in the midst of this transition is my family. Specifically, my beloved aunt and her family. They have been so gracious, generous, loving, thoughtful and they give really good hugs. One example of their extravagant love was on my birthday. I was sick so my aunt made delicious soup and my uncle made me an awesome birthday cake. He is an engineer so it was three giant layers of funfetti. We then played a silly game called "Headbands" and laughed til we cried. My uncle not only makes awesome cakes, but he serves so humbly. From helping me move to putting up curtains, and telling me silly jokes, he is such a servant.

I have also been thankful for Luke and that we get to live together. I am so blessed to have brothers that are sweet friends. Luke has a soft and tender heart, he is so caring and I am thankful that we can pray together. Not only that, but we have fun! 


The baby bro and my sweet cousins!
Even at the end of a not so wonderful day, blessings abound and with a hopeful heart we can be assured that we are one day closer to glory! Hallelujah! 

Lord, thank You that we don't walk alone and for the saints who have gone before us. In all these things woo me heavenward to You.

Hebrews 11:8-16:
   "By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.  By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
    By faith Abraham, even though he was past age—and Sarah herself was barren—was enabled to become a father because he considered Him faithful who had made the promise.  And so from this one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore.
    All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth.  People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."


No comments:

Post a Comment