Saturday, December 3, 2011

uphill

Lord, I remember my weariness, the ache of my tired muscles. I felt as though I could not go on. The journey seemed too great and the weight on my back was all I could feel; it was so heavy. But You were with me. You encouraged my heart with Your Word and I kept moving.  "I lift my eyes up to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip, He who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." I told myself only 20 more steps, you can do anything for 20 steps for the Lord is Your help. So I counted, "1, 2, 3,........20. I can do 20 more steps. 1, 2, 3,.....20." I continued up the mountain and eventually there were no more steps to count. I found that sweet rest was waiting for me.

You are my help in all things, O Lord. You are my Sustainer, the one Who carries me. I trust You for You are good. Your grace is enough.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing those verses with me on the climb.. definitely the encouraging reminder I needed as well :)

    ReplyDelete