Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Brick by Brick


I have been in the book of Nehemiah recently and gleaning a lot from my time with the Lord there. Nehemiah was a man of great leadership, but most importantly he was a man who sought the Lord in prayer. His heart was burdened to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem with the remnant that had been sent back. Without the wall the people of Israel were open for great attack and even their purity as a people was risked. I was thinking about this and how essential fellowship is for the believer. Also, I was struck by how the men of Jerusalem were under great opposition while they sought to repair and rebuild the wall, so much so that they built with swords by their sides (I am always struck by this!). 

Friends, there is much work and at times we feel the burden of it more than others, but I pray these verses would encourage you wherever you are at in life. 

"Then I said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, “The work is extensive and spread out, and we are widely separated from each other along the wall. Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!”" -Nehemiah 4:19-20

Keep building, brick by brick! Be ready for your enemy, know the Word and know your brother is working alongside of you, even though you may be spread out. When the sounds is given, take up your sword and join with your brother in battle. Our God will fight for us! He is faithful.


Nehemiah doesn't mention anything about war paint, but this is to make my parents laugh.

1 comment: