Monday, January 16, 2012

A thought from the book of Job

I spent the majority of the afternoon reading through Job. I really enjoyed reading it in its totality. There are a lot of different things that I thought and prayed over as I spent time in the Word today, but I am walking away with one main thought.

When we believe in God's sovereignty, while doubting His holy perfection, wisdom and goodness, His sovereignty is no longer a place of comfort and refuge for us in our distress, but rather it becomes to us the agency that is causing it. 

This is so detrimental to us in our grief and mourning. For God desires us to turn to Him in our pain that we may find help in our time of need, but how the enemy would have us believe that God does not care or that our present circumstances are the result of God's judgment. How vital it is for the believer to know God aright as He has revealed Himself in the Scriptures and in the person of Jesus!


How thankful I am that all You do, O Lord, is good, right and perfect. Even though I may not see or know what is ahead, and at times may feel pain, grief, and confusion, how I can still trust You, the Holy One of heaven, to work my life and the lives of others for Your glory. 

1 comment:

  1. What a holiday well spent! Praise the Lord for the perfect timing for MLK day!

    ReplyDelete