Monday, January 9, 2012

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." -John 15:1

Tomorrow I begin teaching a unit on plants to the fifth graders. It is amazing to see how intricately plants function and to think about the different ways we classify them. I am by no means an expert on plants, only teaching fifth graders, but it doesn't take much studying to see that the forms and functions of plants are beautifully designed.

As I sit here now, my dad is reading from the gospel of Luke on the couch and I am content. My father's voice brings such comfort to my heart and it reminds me of the even greater comfort that I can find in my heavenly Father. We are so blessed to have life in Christ and to be connected  to the vine.We are so blessed to rest in the care of the Father. He knows exactly what pruning His little branches need to bear fruit for His glory. He is the perfect gardener in every way with a master vision for the garden. May our souls be quieted as we trust Him and walk in His Spirit.

1 comment:

  1. My Dad and I were just talking about John 15 yesterday over lunch! :) Praise God for being a perfect HEAVENLY Father and for providing faithful EARTHLY fathers too!

    ReplyDelete