Saturday, January 28, 2012

No turning back

I just read an online post from Open Doors about the church in North Korea and the persecution there. The below paragraph particularly struck me. Christ is worth living and dying for, there is joy set before us. Let's hold our brothers and sisters up in prayer that they may find strength in the Spirit and live boldly. I pray their boldness would embolden us, as well.


However, despite decades of intense persecution, the church is more alive than ever. The North Korean Christians assure us there is victory, even when they are tortured and killed. “A friend of mine is being terribly tortured in prison,” says one Christian. “When he came to faith, he made the decision that one day he would die for Christ. Every Christian in North Korea has made that choice. I am convinced he can take the suffering because he constantly reminds himself of the joy that is set before him.”

 You can read the full article here: North Korea

"I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
No turning back, no turning back."

No comments:

Post a Comment