Monday, March 15, 2010

I'll take the one with sprinkles, please.

Today I am filled with joy.

A deep joy of knowing Jesus and seeing His faithfulness in my life and in the lives of those I love (the cupcake, if you will?). I am content in my situation (the frosting). And have some circumstantial happiness (sprinkles!!).

As this happiness began to sink in tonight, some fears also came my way.

What if the cupcake falls?
What if the frosting is too thin and runs off?
What if the sprinkles disintegrate? (Yes, this can actually happen.)
What if...What if I trust You with the beautiful cupcake, sprinkles and all? After all, You made it.

Yes, I will enjoy it while it is here to be enjoyed. And I know the cupcake isn't going anywhere, even if it gets smushed or the sprinkles fall off, its still tasty.

So Lord, thank You for this day; for the cupcake, with frosting and sprinkles. I see You have been in the kitchen for a while baking. I even see that you have carefully frosted the cupcake and put sprinkles on it.

You sure are good!

1 comment: