Monday, March 8, 2010

The girl who forgets her own middle name!

Today as I talked to one of my dearest friends, she told me that I sounded so pathetic and cute that I should be in a Kleenex commercial. Ha! I have used over 150 Kleenex these last two days! And slept a ton! Oh my! But that is not what I want to write about at all, I want to write about my dearest friend.

I first met her in April of 1997, I was in the fourth grade and she was in the third. My parents were in the middle of the interview process with the church and our whole family was visiting Blythe for the first time. This was not a particularly good trip, but there was one ideal day, and that ideal day I spent with Lauran Hellen in an alfalfa field.

The alfalfa was beginning to bloom and was dotted with lavender blossoms. It was crawling with lady bugs. I had never seen so many! The lady bugs consumed our day. We had a coffee can to collect them in and fixed it with alfalfa. We then spent hours in the field collecting lady bugs, and getting to know each other. I don't really remember what we talked about that day, but I remember going home and thinking that Lauran would be a good friend.

For whatever reasons there were, it took me along time to become friends with Laruan. Now that she is one of my dearest friends, I still feel like the first day we met truly epitomizes our friendship. We may not collect lady bugs like we once did, or be basking in our Blythe backyard, but we share life as it comes our way, and we're still very much young at heart.

I think my nyquil started to work before I even started typing this...eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment