Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Twansformed!

This morning, as a handful of us girls caught the sunrise, I was reminded of my early Wednesday mornings a year ago. Wednesdays last spring were when I had my child development field work and got to teach preschool. It made me really miss those sweet kids and think back on some of the wonderfully adorable things they did. While I may have already shared this story with some of you, I think it is worth visiting again.

One Wednesday I was responsible for the gross motor activity and I had decided to do an obstacle course with the kiddos. The obstacle course included a tunnel, balance beam and trampoline. To make it a bit more exciting, I told the kids that while we did the course we would pretend to start as caterpillars, but as we went through the tunnel we would be transformed into butterflies. We would then test our wings on the balance beam before "flying" on the trampoline. We each wore a pair of antenna too!

Well, the kids started to go through the course in small groups, having fun being butterflies. As I walked the next group of preschoolers through the course, Max, began in the tunnel. When he came out he spun with his arms out and exclaimed, "I'm being twansformed! I'm being twansformed!" He of course lost his antenna in all the excitement, but after we got them back on he finished the course.

I loved Max's excitement that day. And as I thought about the things God was doing in my life last spring, I felt like I too was spinning around on the inside saying, "I'm being transformed!"

Praise God that we have been transformed! We may fail to recognize this transformation at times, but that does not change the fact of what has already taken place. That in Christ, we are new creations, the old has gone and the new has come!

Lord, thank you for securing life for me when I was utterly helpless to do so on my own. Thank you for transforming me and giving me the grace to walk in this newness of life. As troubles and joys come, may I see them in light of this transformation and Your continual sanctifying work in my life.

2 comments:

  1. also, I love that this photo is of you and not a stock photo...I don't like stock photos

    ReplyDelete