Monday, March 1, 2010

Near Sighted

As I sit on my bed and type this, I can't make out the photos on my desk. I know the images in my head and can even remember some of the feelings from when the photos were taken, but I can't actually see them with my eyes. I'm near sighted. I can see what is a few feet in front of me, but without the help of my contacts or glasses not much is crisp and clear beyond that.

Walking with Jesus, sometimes I feel near sighted. I see what is in front of me fairly clear, but the things at a distance become blurred. I can make out the general shapes and sizes, the colors, but my eyes don't see the details.

As I think about my future, I know what kind of woman I want to be. I want to have faith. I want to value the eternal. I want to be transformed by knowing Christ. I want to love in His strength. I want to run free and unashamed. I want to live in grace, in light of the Gospel.

The details of how this will actually look are hazy. Tomorrow, this week, the rest of this semester, the summer; they're in view, I can make parts of them out. There are the general disciplines that will of course help me do this: spending time daily in the Word and in prayer, living in community with other believers and loving the lost well.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." -Hebrews 11:1

Lord, I know what I hope for, help me to be certain of what I do not see. Help me to be a woman of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment